Historic Homes:



Ethan Alling House
First residence in Millsville in 1817. Ethan Alling came here to claim land his father purchased from the Connecticut Land Company and clear it for use by his family. The first house was located on Ravenna Road near the intersection of Old Mill Road and Ravenna Road. A barn currently stands near the location of the first house.


First Congregational Church
9050 Church Street
Erected in 1847; congregation first established in 1822. Church was built at a cost of $3,300. This cost was covered by selling pews. The church is the first building in Twinsburg to be listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings.


Dr. R.B. Chamberlin
2633 Maple Drive
Built by Ethan Alling in 1837. Former house of Dr. R. B. Chamberlin. Note the similarity in the design of this house and the first house.


Starkweather Tavern
11514 Ravenna Rd.
Built in or about 1840 and operated as Starkweather Tavern. This house was a stagecoach stop between Cleveland and Akron. The current owner is William Adams whose parents and grandparents lived in this house.


George Griswold Dodge House
2485 Old Mill Road
Built in 1848 - This house known as the George Griswold Dodge house was originally located on Highland Road, it was moved in the 1960's to its current location


Deacon Junia North
2592 E. Aurora Rd.
Built prior to 1830, the earliest known owner was Deacon Junia North. Last owned by Ramon Bissell. (House now gone)


Philander Booth House
3100 E. Old Mill Rd.
Built in 1826 by Philander Booth - was originally located at 9357 Ravenna Rd. Has ceiling medallion made by Mr. Booth who did the medallion on the ceiling of the Congregational Church. The current owner is Carol A. Bayus


Philo Post House
9550 Liberty Rd.
Built in the 1850's - originally home of the Philo Post. Currently the home of Doyle Stutzman.


Twinsburg Institute
8996 Darrow Rd.
Original Twinsburg Institute building, a two-story building used by Rev. Samuel Bissell for his school. Constructed in 1863, mostly with his own hands and help of friends, Rev. Bissell completed this building. When no longer used as a school, it was deeded to the Twinsburg Grange in 1917 and to the Twinsburg Historical Society in 1965. No time is recorded when the upper floor was removed and roof lowered to make this a one story building.


North St. District School
9842 Darrow Rd.
Built as North St. District School, one of 8 district schools in use in Twinsburg after 1853. Original deed called it "Uncle John's Schoolhouse". Currently is owned by The City of Twinsburg.


Elisha Lewis Parks House
10419 Ravenna Rd.
This home was built by Elisha Lewis Parks in 1834. This farm has several owners and is currently the rectory for SS Cosmas and Damian Church.


Julius Lane House
10182 Darroe Rd.
Built prior to 1828 owned by Julius Lane, brother of Luman Lane. Last farm in Twinsburg. Last Property owner Jerry & Esther Corbett.
(House now gone.)